Medpot Minstrel: Hydroponics Medical Marijuana

Saturday, August 12, 2006


Nutrients, Terrorists, and Joan Rivers

Started playing around with one of my pot pictures in Photoshop, and came up with this image. It reminds me of the techniques Andy Warhol was using on his famous serial portraits of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley. It looks surreal, which is quite fitting for an image of a cannabis plant.

My ladies are close to harvest, so I am treating them to Colossal Bud Blast, which will optimize the size and potency of their buds. As you know, the most powerful part of the female plant is the bud, which has the highest concentration of THC. Once they are processed and dried, the buds supplied by my “ladies” will keep Claire and I supplied with a daily dose of our medicine, until the next harvest.

In the early stages of growth, my cannabis plants were nourished with Iguana Juice Grow, a fish-based, 100% organic nutrient manufactured and distributed by Advanced Nutrients Medical. When the flowering stage approached, I switched to Iguana Juice Bloom, in order to optimize the number of flowers, thus the proliferation of buds.

Medicinal marijuana is not only a pain reliever, it is also a mood enhancer. In these troubled times, it is imperative to maintain an even emotional keel. Medpot helps us tune in to that inner peace, which is necessary to survive any crisis, whether personal, or international.

The uncovering of the alleged terrorist plot in London and the arrest of most of the individuals involved once again brings home the message that our safety is tenuous at best. Not only do we have to make sure that our household is free of intruders, we also have to keep our minds and spirits free of these threats to our sanity, such as the plot to bomb airliners and the war in Lebanon and Israel.

Squirrel caught the tail end of the news, so she asked what’s going on. I had to explain about these angry young men who think that by killing large numbers of people, they somehow will advance their cause. According to them, their cause is a fight for justice. Yet they don’t realize that depriving innocent people of their very lives is the most unjust act one can commit.

Our daughter acknowledged that it was a complex problem and went on to shoot her opponents in the Game Cube game, Mario’s Party. She tried to teach me how to play this the other day, with dismal results. First of all, the rules took a half an hour to explain. My brain was hurting by the time she finished.

Then my awkward fingers could not manipulate the buttons fast enough, and my aim was way off. To be perfectly honest, half the time I had no idea what I was doing and my daughter was either laughing at me, or she became very frustrated, since we were partners and I was responsible for our losing the game.

This is supposed to be a non-violent game, but there’s an awful lot of stomping and duelling going on and laying traps for your opponents. Squirrel is determined to win each and every game. I wonder if the alleged terrorists in London grew up playing these electronic games and whether their world-view was influenced with the idea of winning at any cost.

We can only pray and consider ourselves lucky that this time they were thwarted in their monstrous plans. By the time late night rolled around, the comics were making fun of the whole situation. Kevin Nealon on Conan said that when Joan Rivers’ make-up was confiscated at the airport, the terrorists realized that they went too far. Chuckle, chuckle.

posted by Wes @ 9:56 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home