Medpot Minstrel: Hydroponics Medical Marijuana

Saturday, August 05, 2006




Dylan, Lennon, and Staying Cool

Drove to the supermarket to pick up some chicken strips, hot peppers, milk, and ice. When I returned to my car in the parking lot, the heat in the vehicle was unbearable. This heatwave is certainly the hottest I remember in a long time. It’s only a fifteen minute drive and I have an air-conditioned car, but just getting in and out was a draining experience.

When I got home, I washed my hands and face with cold water and ran the water over my wrists to cool me down. Our house is not air-conditioned so I had to set up a cross-breeze using three fans and four wide-open windows. Then I decided to lie down and take a nap.

It’s a time-honored tradition in hot countries to have a siesta after lunch. If you have the luxury to work at your own pace, I’d advise it. Take it easy during the hottest part of the day and get your work done in the early evening hours, or in the early morning, when it’s much cooler.

It’s too hot to be out in the middle of the day, so Squirrel spends her time playing on her Game Cube and sucking on apple-juice pops.. They’re much healthier than the store-bought kind. You can buy a popsicle tray and just pour pure, 100% organic apple juice into it. Presto, a great summer treat!

I figure if I feed my plants 100% organic nutrients, it’s the least I can do for our daughter to also provide her with healthy nutrition. She knows that I grow my own medicine for Claire and I, and also knows not to talk to her playmates about it. I try to talk to her about the expansion of consciousness in the sixties, but she just laughs and makes some put-down remark about those stoned hippies.

I missed the sixties, since I was born smack in the middle of that exciting decade, but I was a teenager in the late seventies so enough of the mystique permeated my brain. And Bob Dylan and John Lennon are my all-time heroes. “Mr. Tambourine Man” and “Imagine” were always the prominent songs in my repertoire, even when I had to suffer jibes from fellow musicians for sticking with these old favorites.

It’s almost time to administer Colossal Bud Blast to my ladies. The end of August is harvest time, and I’m looking forward to it. Thanks to the 100% organic nutrients by Advanced Nutrients Medical, my six pot plants are growing tall and strong and healthy.

The fruit fly problem has been solved and I’m being much more vigilant about pests. Periodically, I spray the plants with Scorpion Juice, to ward off pathogens. Knock on wood, so far it’s been a successful plan!

I had to bring in an extra fan into the grow room and I placed buckets of ice at intervals around the plants to cool the air. This heatwave must be extra destructive to those who are growing their pot outside. They probably have to devise shading scenarios to keep the scorching sun from burning their plants.

If global warming gets any worse, I might have to invest in an air-conditioning system for my pot plants. I can’t afford to air condition the whole house, but at least my ladies won’t suffer from the heat. We’ll see if it’s necessary.

posted by Wes @ 9:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home