Medpot Minstrel: Hydroponics Medical Marijuana

Saturday, July 22, 2006



Anxiety, War Crimes, and Samadhi

Many years ago, a close friend gave me a book, called “The Origins of Illness and Anxiety.” I’ve misplaced it since then, but the central thesis has stuck in my mind. It was that all illness is psychosomatic—the state of our minds controls the condition of our bodies.

I was glued to CNN for a couple of days, following the unfolding of the tragic events in Lebanon. Lobbing explosives into densely populated cities is a criminal act as far as I’m concerned, whether it’s done by the Israeli military or the Hezbollah or Hamas guerrillas. The woman judge at the World Court warned both sides this week that they could be charged with war crimes.

I worked myself into a tizzy, then I remembered the psychosomatic nature of disease. If you’re not at “ease” you’re in a state of “dis-ease!” It’s all interconnected! Eureka! I used to know all this stuff, but I’d forgotten. The Lebanese war brought it all back with a vengeance.

My cancer is in remission (knock on wood) so I don’t want to jeopardize my long term health. I rolled a slim joint of my medicine, shut the TV off, and took a few deep breaths. Put on a Steven Halpern “Relaxation” CD and sat in my recliner, slowly inhaling the life giving smoke. Within a few minutes, a feeling of well-being and peace enveloped my entire body and my spirit could finally relax.

Wayne Dyer says that forgiveness is all-important. We must forgive our enemies. He is just repeating Christ’s teachings, I know, but he brings them into a contemporary reality. So I closed my eyes, and forgave the Israeli military, as well as the Hezbollah and Hamas zealots. Halpern’s celestial music carried me into a state of samadhi, nirvana, or whatever you choose to call it.

After a lengthy, conscious reverie, I fell asleep. When I awoke, I felt refreshed, renewed in some way. I realized that peace comes from within and that I must have the wisdom to accept the things I cannot change. Still, I went to my computer and sent an e-mail to G.W. Bush at the White House, imploring him to help stop the hostilities. I felt cleansed of all the anxiety with regard to the Middle East.

I went next door to my grow room to check on my ladies. Next to the two Northern Flame and three White Russian plants, is an Afghani plant, which I grew from a seed left over from my last order. I grew one of these last time, and Claire and I appreciated the quality smoke. That’s my quota, six female plants. If I grew any more, I could get in trouble with the law.

I checked the reservoir and made sure that enough Iguana Juice Bloom was circulating into my hydroponic buckets to ensure a robust and healthy harvest. Advanced Nutrients Medical kept me well supplied with the world's best plant nutrients.

The timer allowed for 12 hours of light, followed by 12 hours of total darkness. Some growers use a green bulb to work in the grow room during the dark hours, but I choose not even to do that. It could interfere with the rhythm of my plants.

As I looked at my graceful medpot plants filling out and growing quickly toward the overhead light, I gave thanks once again to the Creator for giving us dominion over these healing herbs. I read Genesis before I went to sleep last night and the Bible clearly states that all seeds and herbs were given to us in order to nourish us. The opponents of medpot ought to look into the Holy Book more often.

I could almost sing the lyrics of that Anne Murray song in my head:

“Every time I look into the Holy Book I wanna tremble, When I read about the part where the Carpenter cleared out the temple…”

I wondered what Jesus might be thinking, now that the Holy Land is once again a battleground.

posted by Wes @ 7:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home